Tuesday, 27 November 2012

Internal space


Have you ever found yourself watching people? Ever wondered why you think about something when you are in a certain place? What makes us think, decide, worry, feel or just stare into space?

What is your reality? where do you place yourself?
The everyday-the robotics of our external shared environment, but our self is internal within our bodies how you feel comes from within  yourself, however does it not originate from external experience, knowledge gathering, background, identity... what we think to be true... what we think we know (the everyday),  how do you construct your reality?

"Men can see nothing around them that is not their own image; everything speaks to them of themselves Their very landscape is alive' Karl Marx


I have been trying to find a way to make my drawings more 3dimensional creating spaces to move trough and explore, have been trying to learn new techniques to pan through a 3d space and using subtle movments, have started an animation but it is a work in progress, would like to use the voice over of people as audio from live interviews which form part of my thesis to represent the outside world together with possible projections of elements such as people gaze and things I notice from the outside. 

What matters of who is the speaker... 'expositions of a model of he way the world can be said to be working.... attaching the fabric of abstract 'theoretical' speech to a frame of mortal and embodied experiences:of specific places, of specific times'  Burgin, Victor, 1996

I have come to realize that bias does not concern me as I will be writing my thesis and part of the argument will be using myself as a reference point, therefore any data I collect through interviews, learning about people will be from my own desire to find something out about what we think we see what I think I see.......