Tuesday, 26 February 2013

Chronogram - The Modern Prometheus



The Modern Prometheus -  Please scroll across to view whole image

-->
Our bodily landscape is one of the most least understood. How can we ever understand our bodies, our minds, our consciousness and our reality? 
‘Tabula rasa theory of knowledge and applied it to the way the creature attained to a ‘knowing personhood. The creature plays out the lockean theory to perfection by gaining all of his ideas from sensation or reflection, seeking or avoiding the causes of sensation according to weather they produce pleasure or pain….. 
‘it is with considerable difficulty that I remember the original era of my being; all the events of that period appear confused and indistinct. A strange multiplicity of sensations seized me , and I saw, felt, heard and smelt at the same time; and it was indeed a long time before I learned to distinguish between the operations of my various senses. By degrees I remember a stronger light pressed upon my nerves, so that I was obliged to shut my eyes’ (Shelly)

The Chronogram attempts to express the immersion into multiple spaces at multiple scales, a mentally fabricated  architecture where the body becomes the drawing and the drawing is and forms the body. I have tried to show camera movment and progress as well as create a fluid image that expresses the project and its development.